I am a sucker for anything with cheese. This is made evident by my last post (actually my Grandma Sylvia’s recipe). I love cheese.
Basic bruschetta…with a twist of mozzarella cheese.
Bruschetta – MY Way
1 lb tomatoes (I typically use Campari tomatoes, but you can use any that you like)
1 large sweet (vidalia) onion
1 lb mozzarella block
Salt & Pepper
1. Cut up the tomatoes into bite sized pieces.
2. Chop the onion.
3. Cube the mozzarella cheese (feel free to snack on some pieces…you know you want to).
4. Chiffonade your basil.
5. Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste (some like it light, others more tart, etc – this is where you come in – season how you want, and taste as you go!!).
Enjoy it as a crostini (toasted, sliced baguette), or as a “salsa” to grilled chicken.
However you make it, I’m sure you’ll love it!