So my Grandma Sylvia (my father’s side) was an amazing woman. Best recipes ever, and had a sense of humor a mile long. I will NEVER forget this recipe. I’m pretty sure it’s ingrained in my memory forever.
If you’re feeling cold, or want some hearty food, but no meat, then eat this. This is not for the people watching their cholesterol either – this recipe has an entire stick of butter in it. Yes – an entire stick. Salted. Butter. ONE STICK. Deal with it – it’s delicious.
Grandma Sylvia’s Baked Macaroni
1 lb fine egg noodles (cooked)
1 stick butter, sliced into 1/2″ pieces
1 1/2 lbs ricotta cheese
3/4 large mozzarella cheese, grated
Pasta Sauce (of choice)
1. Place noodles back into pot that they were cooked in.
2. Add the butter pieces and mix together until melted.
3. Add the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, and mix until blended thoroughly.
4. Spread in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
5. Cover the top with a layer of pasta sauce.
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
7. Cook, uncovered, at 350 for approximately one hour, or until bubbly.
THEN…take it out of the oven, and let it sit for about 10 minutes – trust me.
Cut it into larger than normal pieces, and eat it! DELICIOUS.
Have you cooked any recipes from relatives? Do any foods remind you of them?