REAL TALK: I have never (in my LIFE) had a Hot Toddy. Like NEVER…not when I’m sick, not when I’m healthy…So… when my BFF (Tiffany – remember her??) texted me and asked how I was feeling, she immediately said “I believe strongly in the Hot Toddy”…to which I IMMEDIATELY asked,”What’s in a Hot Toddy?”…I know…I could have spared myself YEARS of humiliation if I had just googled it…but that’s besides the point…
My amazing, and very kind, BFF, then explains to me how to make it…what’s in it, and then I realized…I have EVERYTHING I need in my house! How the HECK have I never done this before?? I mean, I LOVE tea and lemon and honey AND BOURBON…I mean come…on…Greg and I literally have an entire COLLECTION of Bourbon…seriously, you should see it…we might have a problem…. *cough cough*
Also, aren’t they just the most gorgeous color? That insane shade of orange…? It’s just B-E-A-UUUUU-TIFUL!! ANYWAY…for those of you that don’t know how to make it, or what to do…here you go:
Christina (and Tiff’s) Hot Toddy
- 2 (overflowing) tablespoons of Bourbon (I used Woodford Reserve…the same thing I use in my Manhattans)
- 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 (overflowing) tablespoon of honey
- 1 tea bag (Lipton, Tetley, Twinings, you know, whatever floats your boat)
- Boiling Water
- Slice of lemon (for garnish, though it’s really not needed)
- Heat some water on the stove…like in a teapot (if you’re fancy) or in a regular old sauce-pan. I promise, it’ll be fine either way.
- While your water is heating, combine your Bourbon, Lemon Juice, and Honey in the bottom of a mug.
- Once your water has boiled, you’ll need to make your tea separate from the mixture you just made (so that you give your tea enough time to properly steep)…
- Wait until the tea steeps for a little bit, and then add that to the Bourbon mixture you made earlier. Pout the tea into the mug, just below FULL…as you’ll need some “room” for stirring.
- Stir that tea…stir it REAL good so the honey dissolves, and the bourbon is mixed.
- ENJOY (and feel better!!)
Also…the pictures above are REALLY pretty, right? BUT…not practical when trying to drink a Hot Toddy out of a REALLY HOT glass…so…be normal, and pour it into a mug, will ‘ya??
Also…enjoy the snowy view (and realize I have to clean those glass panes)…but in the meantime…SERIOUSLY…CHRISTINA…why have you never even tried this?!?! **Thanks Tiff!!**