Ok – don’t judge…I’m almost 10 days behind on this 31 Day Challenge. Like I said in this post – it’s not that I’ve forgotten! I’ve been a good blogger! I’ve taken pictures of my food, and actually MADE food – I promise! Ask Greg!!
ANYWAY…let’s get down to brass tacks blogging about cooking.
This…has got to be the BEST pizza I’ve ever made – and yes – I cheated – I used pre-made pizza dough…but the toppings, and what we DID to it…definitely worth the cheat on the dough part.
Chicken Parm Pizza
1 package pre-made pizza dough (or homemade – your call)
Flour (for rolling out the dough)
1lb boneless, skinless, chicken tenders
1 egg (for the chicken)
Panko Bread Crumbs (for breading the chicken)
Oil (for frying)
Mozzarella Cheese (for pizza topping)
- Let your pizza dough (especially if it’s pre made), come to room temperature.
- Roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface. If you have a rolling pin, this is easy – if you don’t – you can use a label-less bottle of whatever you have on hand. In our case – it was a Svedka Vodka bottle. HEY…use whatever works…right?
- Put that pizza dough on a round stoneware (you can purchase one here if you don’t have one).
- Let it sit in the oven (at 350) for about 20 minutes.
- While your pizza is cooking, fry your chicken. Don’t judge – I used a fryer (thanks Mom!!). I did an egg wash, then breaded the chicken with panko, then deep-fried them.
- Once your pizza has been in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, take it out and let it cool SLIGHTLY.
- Add the sauce to the bottom layer, then the toppings. We did the chicken (sliced), then pepperoni, then cheese…yummy cheese.
- Put the pizza BACK in the oven, until the cheese is golden.
- Once the pizza is out of the oven, garnish with some chopped basil, and some lemon zest (my personal favorite).
Have you guys ever made homemade pizza before? Ever done a homemade pizza dough? If so, I would love to know HOW!! Feel free to comment below!!